DIRECT AND INDIRECT SPEECH EXERCISE


                                                                        Reported questions  with answers - Exercise 1

Explanation: Reported questions

Finish the sentences using Reported speech. Always change the tense, although it is sometimes not necessary.
 for example:
1) Christopher: "Do you want to dance?"
Christopher asked me if I wanted to dance.

2) Betty: "When did you come?"
Betty wanted to know ………………………………………………………………………………………….

3) Mark: "Has John arrived?"
Mark asked me …………………………………………………………………………………………………...

4) Ronald: "Where does Maria park her car?"
Ronald asked me ………………………………………………………………………………………………..

5) Elisabeth: "Did you watch the latest film?"
Elisabeth asked me ……………………………………………………………………………………………..

6) Mandy: "Can I help you?"
Mandy wanted to know if …………………………………………………………………………………….

7) Andrew: "Will Mandy have lunch with Sue?"
Andrew asked me ………………………………………………………………………………………………..

8) Justin: "What are you doing?"
Justin asked me ……………………………………………………………………………………………………..

9) Frank: "How much pocket money does Lisa get?"
Frank wanted to know…………………………………………………………………………………………. .

10) Anne: "Must I do the shopping?"

Anne asked …………………………………………………………………………………………………………

ANSWERS



2) Betty:"When did you come?"
Betty wanted to know when I had come.

3) Mark:"Has John arrived?"
Mark asked me if John had arrived.

4) Ronald:"Where does Maria park her car?"
Ronald asked me where Maria parked her car.

5) Elisabeth:"Did you watch the latest film?"
Elisabeth asked me if I had watched the latest film.

6) Mandy:"Can I help you?"
Mandy wanted to know if she could help me.

7) Andrew:"Will Mandy have lunch with Sue?"
Andrew asked me if Mandy would have lunch with Sue.

8) Justin:"What are you doing?"
Justin asked me what I was doing.

9) Frank:"How much pocket money does Lisa get?"
Frank wanted to know how much pocket money Lisa got.

10) Anne:"Must I do the shopping?"
Anne asked if she had to do the shopping.