CONDITIONAL SENTENCES...FORM FOUR


      conditional sentences type one
example
1) If I ......................... (to study), I...............................  (to pass) the exams.
                                         answer
if i study i will pass the exams
                                                          
2) If the sun....................  (to shine), we ............................... (to walk) to the town.
3) If he............................  (to have) a temperature, he.........................  (to see) the doctor.
4) If my friends..................  (to come), I ........................ (to be) very happy.
5) If she......................  (to earn) a lot of money, she ......................... (to fly) to New York.
6) If we ............... (to travel) to London, we..........................  (to visit) the museums.
7) If you ................... (to wear) sandals in the mountains, you  .....................(to slip) on the rocks.
8) If Rita .................... (to forget) her homework, the teacher........................  (to give) her a low mark.
9) If they.......................  (to go) to the disco, they ...................... (to listen) to loud music.
10) If you....................  (to wait) a minute, I .............. (to ask) my parents.

conditional sentences type two
example
1) If I .......... (to come) home earlier, I .................. (to prepare) dinner
                              answer
If I came home earlier, I would prepare dinner.
.
2) If we  .................(to live) in Rome, Francesco ............................ (to visit) us.
3) If Tim and Tom ................. (to be) older, they ........................ (to play) in our hockey team.
4) If he ................. (to be) my friend, I .................... (to invite) him to my birthday party.
5) If Susan .............. (to study) harder, she.................  (to be) better at school.
6) If they ................ (to have) enough money, they  ....................(to buy) a new car.
7) If you  ................(to do) a paper round, you  .................(to earn) a little extra money.
8) If Michael................  (to get) more pocket money, he...............  (to ask) Doris out for dinner.
9) If we...........  (to hurry), we................  (to catch) the bus.
10) If it .......... (to rain), Nina....................  (to take) an umbrella with her.
conditional sentences type  three
example
1) If the weather ........... (to be) nice, they.............  (to play) football.
                         answer
  If the weather had been nice, they would have played football.

2) If we ................... (to go) to a good restaurant, we................... (to have) a better dinner.
3) If John.........................  (to learn) more words, he.....................  (to write) a good report.
4) If the boys........................  (to take) the bus to school, they................  (to arrive) on time.
5) If the teacher................  (to explain) the homework, I ....................... (to do) it.
6) If they ................... (to wait) for another 10 minutes, they..................  (to see) the pop star.

                              ANSWERS   


conditional sentences type one.....answers

1) If I study, I will pass the exams.
2) If the sun shines, we will walk to the town
3) If he has a temperature, he will see the doctor.
4) If my friends come, I will be very happy.
5) If she earns a lot of money, she will fly to New York.
6) If we travel to London, we will visit the museums.
7) If you wear sandals in the mountains, you will slip on the rocks.
8) If Rita forgets her homework, the teacher will give her a low mark.
9) If they go to the disco, they will listen to loud music.
10) If you wait a minute, I will ask my parents.

conditional sentences type two.....answers

1) If I came home earlier, I would prepare dinner.
2) If we lived in Rome, Francesco would visit us.
3) If Tim and Tom were older, they would play in our hockey team.
4) If he was my friend, I would invite him to my birthday party.
5) If Susan studied harder, she would be better at school.
6) If they had enough money, they would buy a new car.
7) If you did a paper round, you would earn a little extra money.
8) If Michael got more pocket money, he would ask Doris out for dinner.
9) If we hurried, we would catch the bus.
10) If it rained, Nina would take an umbrella with her.

        conditional sentences type three.....answers

1) If the weather had been nice, they would have played football.
2) If we had gone to a good restaurant, we would have had a better dinner.
3) If John had learned more words, he would have written a good report.
4) If the boys had taken the bus to school, they would have arrived on time.
5) If the teacher had explained the homework, I would have done it.

6) If they had waited for another 10 minutes, they would have seen the pop star.

ANSWERS